The department focuses on internationalization, consistent with UNCG’s mission. Students in the program have the opportunity to study abroad and gain global experiences that are then incorporated into class readings, discussions, and projects.
Community engagement is fostered here in Guilford County and around the globe.
Students have the opportunity to study abroad in many countries, including:
- Germany (University of Konstanz)
- Northern Ireland/United Kingdom (University of Ulster)
- Sweden (Linnaeus University and Malmo University)
- South Africa (University of Stellenbosch)
- Australia (University of Western Sydney and Australian Catholic University)
- Denmark (University of Copenhagen)
Through high-quality, professional education in conflict management and peace-building, students will gain a systematic perspective on the challenges facing individuals, families, organizations, communities, and social and political systems – locally and globally; and learn peace-building, development, and conflict transformation skills and knowledge as applied in multiple settings.
- For a detailed document on the Peace and Conflict Studies’ study abroad program, visit the official Google document.
- UNCG also partners with Transcend USA, whose mission is to bring about a more peaceful world by offering education/training and research to transform conflicts nonviolently.